We are seeking a candidate to join Global Mile (GM) for the role of Program Manager, Sales and Operations Planning. Amazon reaches customers around the globe, and is in need of an individual who wants to help build fast cost-effective solutions to deliver packages around the world. GM is disrupting the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to innovate and improve the daily lives of customers.
The GM Exports PM team is looking for a Program Manager to develop the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) function for Amazon’s cross border B2C shipments. In this highly visible role, this person will help create a best-in-class transportation network for the European marketplaces to deliver packages to international customers by leading initiatives that ensure capacity throughout the supply chain can meet projected demand. This role is essential in designing and implementing forecasting and capacity management improvements that make the exports network more efficient so it can scale with our aggressive growth.
The role will involve understanding the physical and virtual transportation processes from customer order fulfillment to last mile delivery. You will own developing business plans and will drive automation in the planning management process. You will lead weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational planning cycles with cross-functional stakeholders. You will use your understanding of operational processes, data analysis, and business goals to identify specific opportunities to improve transportation costs, speed, and capacity, through topline and granular forecast improvements. The ability to effectively balance the roadmap of various projects with the day-to-day management of the S&OP process and resolution of network defects is critical.
This role requires an analytical mindset with an ability to influence across business functions, and manage stakeholders’ expectations effectively. This position will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and will work with multiple business and technical teams.
Key job responsibilities
• Prioritize and balance multiple high-level projects and process improvements that seek to improve network capacity and forecast accuracy
• Define, prioritize and track progress of key milestones towards achieving your vision and strategic goals
• Develop action items and manage through obstacles to achieve your objectives
• Gain support for your strategy and roadmap from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership
• Drive cadence and content of program updates and provide inputs on several strategic, business, and operational reviews
• Collaborate with other business, operational, and technical teams to influence strategic decisions
• Work with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities, and then effectively communicate the solutions, costs, and business case for addressing them
• Track key metrics to monitor network health and partner with analysts to automate data reporting
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation, operations management, or applicable experience
• Program/project management experience
• Business writing and communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams
• Proficiency in SQL
• Comfortable with multiple priorities and able to work independently in an often ambiguous environment
• MBA/MS (Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Distribution, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics)
• Experience in complex data processing and analyzing, drawing conclusions from data, and building basic models that support business decisions
• Analytical thinking, ability to convert strategy to product and operational capabilities, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Interpersonal skills to guarantee cross functional alignments and process implementations
• Familiarity with international parcel logistics and customs clearance processes
• Experience delivering end-to-end operations and technology solutions while working through obstacles that present themselves along the way
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.