AWE is currently recruiting for a Senior Electronics Engineer
The Warhead Engineering group at AWE is looking for a highly motivated technical manager of people with an extensive background electronics. This is an exciting hands-on technical role, with the opportunity to mentor as well as lead a growing team.
Role: Senior Electronics Engineer
Salary: £44,990- £70,000 (dependent on skills & experience)
Closing Date: 19th February 2024
* Deliver engineering solutions that meet safety and performance requirements, across AWE programmes.
* Manage the design intent across the full engineering lifecycle.
* Plan and execute tasks in order to deliver agreed objectives to time; requirements, quality and cost.
* Lead, coach and develop a team to meet delivery objectives, as a Task Manager, which may include multidisciplinary teams.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees contained within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities listing, as held in the company management system.
* Deliver Electronics Engineering solutions in relation to defined requirements, across the full engineering lifecycle, to a high standard.
* Effective stakeholder management, engaging others in order to have a positive impact on decisions and programme delivery.
* Support and mentor developing engineers in the production of engineering solutions and their career progression.
* Identify and support opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement.
* Contribute to identifying appropriate resources.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
To be considered for the role, candidates will ideally have experience in the following;
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.