On Target Earnings of £28,000+ Overtime + bonus and excellent package
Monday to Friday day shift
Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted, Aylesbury, Dunstable, Luton, Tring, Milton Keynes
The successful Mechanical/manufacturing Fitter/Assembly will have a proven track record of mechanical fitting and assembly within a special purpose machine environment.
As the Mechanical Fitter will have relevant core qualifications or be qualified by experience in Engineering plus hands on experience.
You will have a proven track record of striping , survey and fitting on air/oil cooled generator or similar
– rotor build & rotor balancing
Must be able to read drawings and be computer literate.
The successful Mechanical Fitter will have the ability to assemble machines up to testing/commissioning stage using a variety of mechanical fixings as well as the ability to build and fit Sub-assemblies. You should be able to identify any build issues and notify relevant personnel following up with progression and completion of any associated documentation. You will be required to participate and contribute to continuous improvement and will be responsible for the quality of your involvement to the build process.
The mechanical fitter will also be involved in maintenance repair and overhaul.
This role will be a workshop environment working on a bench the relevant candidate must be happy with this type of environment.
– Knowledge of IPC solder standards
– Can self-inspect products using bench Electrical equipment (flash/surge/resistance) &
– Ability to work well with other departments (e.g. Engineering – development activity)
– Awareness of Quality Management System ISO 9001 / AS9100
– Ability to diagnose and repair faults on customer products
– Ability to lift equipment/generators up to 25kg
– Ability to read Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins and related
– Able to use a multitude of hand tools including screw drivers, pliers, cutters, torque wrenches,
jigs and fixtures, and other manual hand tools.
– Good observational skills.
– PC literacy & SAP awareness