Aftermarket Product Support Engineering Lead
45k excellent benefits package
Commutable from Location:
Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, Leighton buzzard, Dunstable, Hemel Hempstead, Berkhampsted, Watford, Amersham and Oxford.
As the Aftermarket Product Support lead Engineer you will have a proven track record of coordinating an leading a small team, have a degree in mechanical or aerospace or aeronautical engineering . Have a Project engineering background and proven track record of understanding the aftermarket industry. ( full product training will be given. Must be willing to travel overseas.
As the Product Support lead Engineer aftermarket function both internally and externally on multiple programmes.
Lead technical investigations and work-packages consisting of multiple disciplined team
members in support of internal and external customers.
Provide external customer technical
communications and champion the customer internally.
Produce internal reporting including
aftermarket reviews to the senior leadership.
Manage the Product Support work-packages
– Analysis of in-service and test data to identify source of equipment problems.
– Identify trends and lead corrective action programs on company products
– Evaluate the aftermarket impact of proposed engineering changes, Maintain customer and
end-user communications both verbally and written
– Ensure the total support of internal and external customers, by answering customer queries,
leading in-service programs, and in-service data analysis
– Instigate changes to internal and external product documentation and publications
– Technically represent the company in front of customers and suppliers.
– Provide support for technical documentation, field service team and ILS function tasks
– Plan in-service retrofits and recalls including costs
– Accountable for in-service event resolution and products’ improvement
– Lead In-service investigations
– Answer/support questions from customers (operators or repair stations)
– Lead in-service resolution process from identification of problems, definition of
containment/mitigation, definition of needs for repair solutions and retrofits until their
– Participate to creation of improvement plans of maintenance operations in order to reduce
maintenance costs and TAT
– Define and approve in-service products’ configurations and their different versions
– Accountable for the airworthiness of the configurations
– Lead the creation of means of support during in-service:
In return you will be part of an extremely successful organisation within the aerospace industry. The company are committed to developing a strong management team with succession planning in place which will support the growth of the business.