Senior Software Developer – Birmingham – GBP 30,000-40,000
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented senior software developer with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in the development of the applications and full SDLC process. The successful candidates will play a pivotal role within the lT team and have an opportunity to work on a full lT transformation program.
The senior software developer will ideally have experience in large and complex application-rich environments and strong programming skills to develop the applications. The successful candidate will be involved in the full application life cycle process and be responsible for application testing across the bespoke applications.
You will be responsible for:
• Strong experience as a .NET Developer/Programmer/Software Engineer
• Defining, updating, and adhering to software development patterns and standards.
• Provide technical assistance, support, and programming skills across the company.
• Liaising with 3rd party software providers throughout the life cycle – including design, development, support, and maintenance.
• Mentoring and coaching less experienced programmers.
• Microsoft App-V, ThinApp
• MSI Technology, Azure, AWS
• Admin Studio Installshield, Wise
• SCCM, AppSense
• VB Scripting, Batch Script, Wise Script, PHP
• Citrix, VMWare, Application Architecture
• SQL, XML, CSS, HTML
• Windows 10 Migration
• llS, Web application architecture
• Strong programming skills
• Good eye for detail and interface design
• Demonstrable knowledge of the full SDLC
• Understanding of Windows operating systems
• Strong communication and documentation skills
Desirable, not essential:
Working within the IT team, the incumbents will:
• Work closely with the lT team and appropriate business units to understand the business/lab processes and requirements
• Design and build creative, innovative applications that will drive efficiency into the heart of our business
• Integrate these applications into our existing portfolio to ensure a streamlined end-to-end solution
• Work with the project management layer to implement these new solutions successfully into the business
• Keep on top of new technologies and changing trends, feeding this back to the IT management layer
• Contribute to the development of the business technology strategy
• Design, architect, and build key operational solutions across the business areas
• Design and build innovative customer solutions
What you will get:
• Salary of up to £40,000 depends on experience
• Flexible, Hybrid working
• Regular salary reviews
• A well-defined career development plan with full training and certifications available
If you have experience in the above and you’re interested in this amazing opportunity, please send us your most updated CV as soon as possible, as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to hearing from you.