PE Global are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer (Contract) to fulfil an ongoing project for reputable Oil & Gas company based in Barrow.
• Work as part of a fast-paced Engineering team to Design, Develop & Qualify Downhole Electrical/Hydraulic/Optical Connectors .
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing.
• Set up and run lab simulations.
• Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
• Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentations.
• Conduct troubleshooting and failure analysis.
• Proactively maintain schedules, deadlines, and risk registers.
• Use creative design principles to efficiently develop novel solutions to problems as and when they occur.
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artefacts.
• Contribute to design standards. Provide support to other departments, working alongside Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Sales. Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results). Comply with all applicable company policies, including HR, Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
• Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical discipline.
• Experience in the design and development of electro-mechanical products.
• Working knowledge of basic electrical principles Desirable to have experience in the design and development of Downhole or Subsea Instrumentation Connectors.
• Desirable to have experience working on products for high pressure, high temperature environments Knowledge of metallic and elastomeric materials.
• Experience of clearance and fits and tolerance analysis Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling Proficient user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings.
• Desirable to have experience in PTC Creo / Windchill modelling environments Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint Excellent written and verbal communication
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 (phone number removed) or alternatively send an updated CV to [email protected].
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.