Up to £25,000 (DOE)
SF Recruitment are looking for a Quality Inspector to work for our growing engineering client based in Worcestershire. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that the company’s operations for Final Inspection, Material Testing, Goods Inwards Inspection, Calibration, Vetting of Documentation, Patrol Audits and Stamp Holder Training are undertaken and documented in a timely manner.
– ‘A’ class panel and assembly inspection
– Conductivity, Hardness and Tensile testing.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
– Inspection of relevant parts for sub-contract processes or final release to Customer. Responsible for ensuring that all parts are inspected against customer requirements
– Part of an approved audit team carrying out periodic patrol audits of shop floor personnel and processes to ensure that projects are being carried out in accordance with the relevant work instructions.
– Goods Inwards of sub-contracted parts, supplier liaison related to Quality issues and the raising of supplier reject notes for non-conforming items
– Assist or advise where necessary shop floor personnel with Quality and Technical queries encountered during the manufacturing processes.
– Control, training and assessment of company Stamp holders. Train where necessary new or existing employees in the use of measuring equipment and quality documentation such as job wallets, drawings or specifications. Controlling a register of current approved stamp holders who through periodic assessment can demonstrated a level of competence worthy of inspecting product.
– Vetting of Release documentation. Responsible for releasing parts to customers or sub-contractors with the relevant requested support documentation and release certification. The certification provides evidence that all processes applicable to the component have been completed in accordance with customer requirements and that sub-contractor instructions are clearly defined.
– Calibration of measuring equipment. To maintain a system that demonstrates periodic calibration of all measuring equipment used to check components. The system shall accommodate instruments that are calibrated on site or externally by approved calibration houses in accordance with a plan and auditable records maintained for future reference.
– To conduct non-destructive testing of heat-treated components prior to release to customer in accordance with work instructions. The job holder shall demonstrate a level of competence in order to conduct both conductivity and hardness testing and will be annually assessed by a third-party auditor.
– Conduct dimensional, thickness, tensile, gloss levels, surface finish or emissivity tests on product prior to the release.
– Red Dye Penetrant testing of relevant parts.
– Material Testing activities will be undertaken, documented, controlled and feedback provided if material testing fails to meet the minimum requirements specified. Material testing will be undertaken in line with internal/external requirements.
– Continuous improvement activities.
– Implementing Health, Safety, Environmental and ensuring quality requirements are being followed
– To advocate the organisation in a positive and professional manner at all times
– To undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as and when necessary in organisational wide initiatives and projects.
Knowledge and Specific Skills:
– Tensile Testing in-house trained.
– Company approved Stamp Holder Level 3 in house.
– Understanding of Customer Product Quality expectations.
– Quality related KPI’s (measured environment)
– Must want to aspire to achieve high standards of work and professionalism at all times
– Remain calm whilst working under pressure
– Experience in a quality auditor/inspector role.
– Body in White (BIW) Engineering or pressing experience.
– Experience within a QMS environment.
– Calibration training.
– MS Office Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
– Strong team working ethics and customer focus
– Excellent communication skills at all levels
– Well organized
– Eye for detail
– Able to work extended hours when the occasion arises.
– Flexibility and ability to travel to Customer sites or between sites