Hayley Group Limited is offering an exciting position for a Branch Assistant based at their branch in Gloucester. In addition to joining an established company, they offer a competitive salary and optional membership to their healthcare scheme.
Job Title: Branch Assistant
Location: Hayley Gloucester, Unit B2 Nexus Court, Gloucester Business Park, Hurricane Road, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AG
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (Additional working hours may be required)
As a Branch Assistant, you will be a key member of the Gloucester team, assisting with branch operations, ensuring that orders are picked accurately, and dispatching orders via internal and external transport. You will have the opportunity to interact with local customers whilst supporting trade counter sales, and will be working with suppliers, placing orders and obtaining quotations.
Other duties may include:
– Stock processing – receipt of goods, paperwork and shelving
– Inventory counting of held stock
– Managing the order book and assisting with the progress of orders
– Liaising with other branches across the network
– Goods in – receipt of goods, loading and unloading of vehicles
– Collecting and delivering of goods, unloading at customer sites
– Ad-hoc office and driving duties as required
The ideal candidate will have following key skills:
– Driving licence is required; FLT licence is desirable, however not essential
– Experience of working in a fast-paced environment would be advantageous
– Good work ethic and manual handling ability
– Good numerical skills
– Must be PC literate – able to check stock on the computer system
– Good telephone manner and able to work as part of a team
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
– Competitive salary
– From 23 days annual leave (plus public/bank holidays) increased with length of service
– Company pension (if eligible)
– Death in Service cover
– Invitation to Paycare scheme
– Prescription eyewear if required
– Wellness programmes
– Cycle-to-Work scheme
– Excellent opportunities available
Hayley Group is the largest independent distributor of engineering products and consumables in the United Kingdom. They are an equal opportunities employer, currently employing over 1,000 people who continue to be a cornerstone of their business and are fundamental to providing industry-leading customer service.
To apply for this role please send your CV via this jobsite.
Please note that your CV will be forwarded to Hayley Group who will be in touch with you directly if they are interested in pursuing your application.