Who we are looking for?
This role is ideal for an experienced Principal Cyber Monitoring/SOC Analyst looking to expand on their skillset. You’ll be an integral part of a dedicated and focused IT infrastructure team, ensuring patching is kept up to date on core infrastructure hardware, applications and services in line with change control processes.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be required to provide management reports and answer custom queries related to the security of data centre operations.
Your duties will include:
* Cyber monitoring/SOC infrastructure maintenance including configuration, troubleshooting, technical design, upgrade and patching
* Ensure high levels of security on the supported data centre platforms, including working wh 3rd party vendors and wider stakeholders ours and our customer SOC/security teams
* Ensuring the health of all SOC/monitoring tools including Splunk, Cribl, Solarwinds, McAfee EPO, Eracent and Tripwire; including maintaining a healthy ingestion of logging events into the SIEM, and develop and tune toolsets
* Threat monitoring and threat intel in accordance with established policies and procedures
* Cyber monitoring enhancements including supporting on projects, integrate SOC tooling, defining system security requirements and supporting the onboarding of new technologies
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships with different internal teams, and collaborate with stakeholders and external IT support functions
The experience you’ll bring
* Proven experience within multiple IT Security functions with building and maintaining cyber security systems and tools
* Experience with multiple SIEM tools and monitoring platforms
Knowledge of patch management of hardware, software and services including Windows, Linux systems/applications
* Advanced understanding of networking principles, IT architecture fundamentals and of SOC toolsets available
* Experience using Linux and Windows operating systems and proficient system administration skills
* Understanding of applying Cyber monitoring capabilities on to complex Oracle applications/systems
* Experience of network/switch/firewall management & configuration
* General VMware vSphere/ESX infrastructure knowledge