The role would be suited to someone with IT knowledge looking to progress their career within a diverse and dynamic business.
What will you be doing?
* Working with the team to maintain the high availability of core infrastructure applications and services, which includes web applications, application services for messaging, monitoring, patching, deploying updates and supporting.
* Installing and configure new applications, supporting and upgrading through life, plus using available software and specialist monitoring tools to support the monitoring, troubleshooting and auditing of core Infrastructure applications systems and services.
* Conduct investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement, and implements them when appropriate using the usual control procedures.
* Ensuring systems are backed up correctly via the backup tape swapping rota including offsite tape storage
The experience you’ll bring:
* Knowledge of Exchange, Skype, Solarwinds, SCCM.
* Experience using Databases, SQL and of Windows operating systems.
* Supporting web applications and CITRIX services
* Knowledge of VMware for infrastructure support.
* Some knowledge of Linux operating systems is desirable