Stores & Logistics Operative
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment agency based in Norfolk; we are proud to be working on behalf of our prestigious and world-known manufacturing client based in Diss. This client have a new permanent opportunity available in their stores department. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a warehouse/stores environment is essential for this role.
• Identifying accurately, checking, and booking in products received in line with department best practice and relevant policies and procedures, advising of any discrepancies.
• Put all received products away; ensuring they are put away in their correct location.
• Work on the company’s IT system (Progress) and ensure it is always kept accurate.
• Pick, pack and prepare customer orders for shipment.
• To keep the stores & logistics areas clean and tidy at all times.
• Line feeding Kanban stock to production areas.
• Kit works orders to supply the production teams.
• Carry out perpetual Inventory checks, as per the schedule.
• To be flexible in providing cover for other areas within the business, as and when; in particular when absence or holiday cover is required.
• Good Interpersonal skills for communicating with production staff and delivery/collection drivers.
• Proven manual handling ability / previous experience. Capability of lifting up to 25kgs.
• To work overtime when circumstances dictate.
• Hold good numeracy skills.
• Ability to cope with pressure situations, with minimal supervision.
• To have good computer literacy to enable efficient processing of booking in and out of products.
• Well organised and focused on quality. Attention to detail; with a ‘right-first-time’ attitude.
• Ability to work as part of a team or on your own
• Ability and aptitude to learn.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to your role.
• Demonstrate a positive “can do” approach to work.
• Adhere to company Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Policies.
• Forklift counterbalance license would be beneficial but not essential.
• Carry out any other tasks, that are reasonable and within your capability as requested by your supervisor.
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses, toolbox talks or briefings that the Company consider to be of benefit to you, or the department.
Shift Pattern & Benefits:
• Monday to Thursday 07.30 to 16.15 & Friday 07.30 to 13.30: basic working week = 39 hours
• Overtime when available = basic rate + one half
• Breaks – 1 x 15 minute paid in morning + 1 x 30 minute unpaid for lunch (excluding Friday)
• Early finish on Fridays
• Holiday – 23 days + Bank Holidays
• Company pension