Cyber Security Analyst
Telefónica Tech is a leading provider of innovative tech services for the B2B market with a worldwide presence and strategic hubs in Spain, Brazil, UK and Germany. The company helps leading brands and organisations across the UK and Ireland unlock the power of integrated technology for all businesses, bringing together in one place a unique combination of, the best people, with the best tech and the best platforms in a simplified manner, to make a real difference to every business, every day. The company has an endto-end portfolio of market leading services and develops integrated technology solutions to accelerate tech adoption through its two core divisions of Tech Cyber security & Cloud and Tech Intelligence of Things. The company has a diverse, highly trained and globally located talent pool of over 2000 employees and serves more than 5.5m customers every day with a service reach in 175 countries. Its dynamic partner ecosystem includes over 300 cutting edge businesses, as well as strategic agreements with all market leaders.
You will be responsible for adhering to the vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets, developed products and technologies are adequately maintained.
The Cyber Security Analyst will follow established processes to reduce information technology risks. They will operate and interact with our in-place Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions in-line with contract and customer expectations.
To respond to incidents, adhering to standards and controls, manage security technologies, and follow appropriate policies and procedures. The Cyber Security Analyst will be required to liaise with adjacent teams for escalation or peer review.
Please note: Candidates are required to pass BPSS and SC clearance.
• Receipt and categorisation of initial event, incident, request from service teams and customers.
• Providing trouble shooting, initial triage and trigger escalation/assignment as appropriate.
• Investigation of event alerts, fulfilling agreed requests and liaising with the customer to confirm closure.
• 07:00-18:00 with shift patterns within and participation in on-call rota. There is potential for shift-based work on a 24/7 basis – candidates should apply with this in mind.
Skills & Experience:
• Understanding of Information Security principles.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in an IT role.
• Previous experience in a SOC or security team
• Technical understanding of IT infrastructure such as networks and active directory
• Pen testing experience
• Experience with a security incident and event management (SIEM) toolset. QRadar for example
• Ability to install security software and applications
• SC clearance Interpersonal Skills:
• Articulate and a clear communicator
• Meticulous with excellent attention to detail Location:
Based from our office in Belfast Hours: 37.5 hours per week between 7.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday. This forms a three-week rotating shift pattern of; Week One – 7.00am to 15:30pm Week Two – 8.00am to 16.30pm Week Three – 9.30am to 18.00pm
Benefits & Perks: Includes: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, on-line discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, free fruit Monday, dress down Friday, Fundraising, Sports & Social club.
Start date: ASAP
Additional Information: – Must have the right to live and work in the UK. – Due to our location, access to own transport is essential. – Must meet Security Clearance requirements if this is a requirement of the role and any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate passing BPSS which includes a criminal record check
To Apply: Please include a covering letter (which includes salary expectations) along with your CV outlining the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for this position.