A leading media company is looking to build long term financial planning capability and automation across all of its markets. Using Anaplan, 2022 deliverables include building one version of the truth (one automated database used by all planning teams) and automation of excel models that support revenue planning.
The responsibilities include the alignment with the IT/system team and supporting the Technical Project Manager within the Finance Transformation project to determine the best-fit approach for data migration and integration. Within that project, you will be accountable for supporting data migration and integration, working across their global IT Teams to deliver the best solution for each of their key markets and systems to deliver their connected planning solution.
Through the adoption of continuous improvement techniques, you will support the Technical Project Manager to drive identification of efficiencies in cooperation with the FP&A/Commercial Finance teams, the project team and the IT teams. You will support the harmonization of their different data sources used and will ensure a smooth business readiness to support the project objectives and business benefits are achieved.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Support the overall Data migration and company wide integration of Finance and Operational data into Anaplan
• Drives consistent approach for data integration
• Responsible for running Systems Integration Testing
• Report & track on governance for system and data integrations, e.g. Pen Tested, Data Security Level sign-off
• Support in the provision of the necessary readiness checks to ensure governance is in place for post integration, e.g., disaster recovery, back up resilience, availability KPIs
• Multiple stakeholder management across different countries and/or markets
Critical Success Factors
• Good understanding of enterprise IT landscapes and cloud applications, designing and developing architectures
• Develop a deep understanding of business and financial framework and goals; partner with FP&A team to monitor and drive performance
• Strong relationship builder to coordinate and liaise with multiple teams
• Support the establishment of system strategy and roadmap to harmonize data and support the business capabilities
• ERP/Finance Systems (Anaplan preferred) integration design and implementation
• Experience working with a multifaceted financial modeling tool such as IBM Cognos Planning, TM1, Hyperion or SAP BPC preferred
• University degree, specialised training, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years work experience
• Experience in technology architecture, design and planning across a variety of technology stacks.
• Experience of successfully supporting complex information technology platforms and integrations
• Minimum of 2 years experience with Anaplan model building (at least one completed Anaplan project implementation experience)
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience with databases, financial systems, and data visualization tools
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Superb communication and customer service skills